Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions/ Contract for Usage of this Online Booking System
Welcome to The Baobab Student Accommodation online booking system. The following terms and conditions are binding and enforceable for both you (the Customer) and us (the Vendor). By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- A Customer or Vendor must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and of full legal capacity.
- All transactions are subject specifically to the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”), and other applicable laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- This is a secure website and the personal data you provide on this website is protected
- We will not disclose your information to anyone except the banks involved and Yoco (our payment gateway for Credit card payments)
- We (the Vendor) will not have access to The Customer’s payment information e.g. credit or debit card details. That information will be held and protected by our paygate partner (see section on Payment for more information).
- We will not sell your personal information to any other marketing agency
- Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, we will disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- A Customer is anyone who makes an online booking
- Customers must register to make an online booking
- By using the online booking system, you are automatically bound by all the terms and conditions in this document
- We (The Vendor) have the right to reject a booking within 24 hours of the booking made. Should the customer’s payment have been processed, and the vendor rejects the order subsequently, The Vendor will process the customer’s refund within this 24-hour window.
- In the event of credit card fraud or unauthorized use of your credit card by third parties, most banks and credit card companies bear the risk and cover all charges resulting from such fraud or misuse. Please report fraud to your credit card provider (in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures) and contact us immediately.
(Further) Correspondence and Communication
- By making an online booking, you agree to receive further emails which we may send you shortly after you book, giving you information on your booking status, and further documentation we require.
- Therefore, in order to complete and secure your booking, you need to use your correct email address. We are not responsible or liable for (and have no obligation to verify) any inaccurate email address, or inaccurate phone number or credit card number.
Copyright, Trademarks, Authors’ Rights And Database Rights
- All content included in or made available through The Baobab website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads and data compilations is the property of The Baobab Student Accommodation and/or its content suppliers/ partner companies.
- You may not extract and/or re-utilise parts of this content without express written consent from The Baobab Student Accommodation.
Reviews, comments and other communications
- The Baobab Student Accommodation reserves the right to amend or remove reviews or comments that are deemed illegal, factually untrue or otherwise inappropriate in any way (this includes the use of offensive language).
- We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the online booking system will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Your access to the system may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
- Should any maintenance be taking place we will communicate this and other challenges timeously, to the best of our ability.
- We provide secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
- We use Yoco as our paygate. Yoco is a secure payment portal. See here for more information on this.
- You may also pay by EFT into our bank account:
Account Holder: The Baobab Student Properties
Bank: First National Bank
Account Type: Cheque account
Account Number: 62755855718
Branch code: 250655
Branch name: Adderley Street
Swift code: FIRN ZAJJ (only needed for international payments i.e. payments from outside South Africa)
Note: Please use the tenant’s name and surname as the payment reference
- Cash payments may be made in person at our offices at 441 Main Road, Observatory, Cape Town and 377 Lower Main Road, Observatory, Cape Town.