Should we be unable to fulfill your booking for any reason e.g. the property you book in is full by the time your booking is completed, we will refund your payments in full within 48 hours of our refusal of your application.
Deposit Refund Policy
This deposit is refundable within 14 days after the end date of the lease period, provided other
conditions have been met viz:
1. Tenant and The Baobab must conduct outgoing room inspection together.
2. If tenant does not attend outgoing inspection, The Baobab will conduct the inspection and
list all items to be replaced/ repaired. The Tenant will accept The Baobab’s outgoing
inspection and the deductions from the Deposit and will have no recourse in this regard.
3. The deposit may be used for the purpose of repairing damage for which the tenant is
responsible, replacing broken or lost items, cleaning, paying unpaid rent, or as part of the
cancellation fee for a broken lease.
4. When all deductions have been made, The Baobab will reconcile tenant’s account and
refund what remains of the deposit to the bank account specified by the tenant
Note: The security deposit cannot be applied in lieu of the last month’s rental. Rent must be paid until
the end date of the lease.
All our leases are fixed term leases, with defined start and end dates. Should a tenant wish to cancel a lease before the end date, our policy is: We follow the provisions in the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, Section 14. The tenant must provide landlord with 20 business days’ notice (approximately one month) in writing. We will impose a cancellation fee consisting of the entire deposit paid and 10% of the rent tenant would have paid had the lease run its full course.
1. Returning tenants are usually given preference in terms of room allocation
2. Thereafter, we allocate rooms on a first come, first served basis
3. We do not allocate a room until you have a confirmed booking
4. We may require you to change rooms for operational reasons e.g. if your room requires
maintenance work. Therefore, it is important for you to understand and acknowledge that
you do not rent a specific room or space in a specific room at The Baobab. Should we
require you to change rooms either temporarily or for the remainder of your lease, we will
allocate you to a similar room as the one you are departing.
Your privacy is important to us. You place your trust in us by using our services, and we value that trust. That means we’re committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us. We act in our customers’ interest and are transparent about the processing of your personal data.
We cannot help you make the best possible booking for your unique needs without information, so when you use our services there are certain things we ask for. This is typically routine info – your name, preferred contact details, the institution at which you intend to study, how you intend to pay etc. You might also decide to submit additional info related to your booking (e.g. any medical conditions you have, preferred location of your room within a property etc).
We rely on you to make sure that your personal info is complete, accurate, and current. Let us know about any changes to or inaccuracies in your personal info as soon as possible.
If you have questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data, or if you want to exercise any of the rights you have under this notice, you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also contact your local data protection authority with questions and complaints.
- This is a secure website and the personal data you provide on this website is protected
- We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us. To do this, technical, physical and organizational security measures are put in place to protect against any unauthorized access, disclosure, damage or loss of your information. Whilst we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information, we take all commercially reasonable steps and measures to keep it secure and protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure by following generally accepted security policies and rules. However, we cannot accept any liability whatsoever for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information despite our best endeavours.
- We will not disclose your information to anyone except the banks involved and Yoco (our payment gateway for Credit card payments)
- We (the Vendor) will not have access to The Customer’s payment information e.g. credit or debit card details. That information will be held and protected by our paygate partner (see section on Payment for more information).
- We will not sell your personal information to any other marketing agency
- This Service uses the Google Maps map service via an Link. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. To use Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this Service has no influence on this data transfer. The use of Google Maps is in the interest of making our Service appealing and to facilitate the location of places specified by us on the Service. Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of Google at https://policies.google.com/privacy
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, we will disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- We may link to Websites that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.